Both PA and NJ have passed ride sharing laws requiring the companies to provide significant insurance coverage or limits to drivers and passengers injured from accidents involving Uber and Lyft cars. If you are in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft take special care to get the proper information, when possible.
Here are some simple steps to remember:
- Make sure you call 911 if immediate medical attention is needed and to file a police report.
- Get photographs of any damage to the cars, when possible.
- If you are in the Uber/Lyft car, screenshot the driver’s information and ride receipt to show you paid for the ride.
- Contact your attorney. He or she can help you navigate the insurance technicalities that will arise with your medical bills.
- Take a couple notes of the situation. This will help you remember what happened later on.
- The shock of an accident can often cause people not to feel injuries right away. Make sure you seek medical care if you are feeling hurt a few days after the accident.
Leonard Injury Firm Settles Wrongful Termination Case for $315,000
The Cherry Hill employment lawyers at The Leonard Injury Firm recently settled a wrongful termination case for $315,000.
Leonard Injury Firm Settles Car Accident Case for over $400,000
The Cherry Hill car accident lawyers at the Leonard Injury Firm recently settled a motor vehicle accident case for over $400,000.
Anthony Leonard Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
This is a designation granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in civil trial practice.