Both PA and NJ have passed ride sharing laws requiring the companies to provide significant insurance coverage or limits to drivers and passengers injured from accidents involving Uber and Lyft cars. If you are in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft take special care to get the proper information, when possible.
Here are some simple steps to remember:
- Make sure you call 911 if immediate medical attention is needed and to file a police report.
- Get photographs of any damage to the cars, when possible.
- If you are in the Uber/Lyft car, screenshot the driver’s information and ride receipt to show you paid for the ride.
- Contact your attorney. He or she can help you navigate the insurance technicalities that will arise with your medical bills.
- Take a couple notes of the situation. This will help you remember what happened later on.
- The shock of an accident can often cause people not to feel injuries right away. Make sure you seek medical care if you are feeling hurt a few days after the accident.
Firm Settles Trip and Fall Case for $1,100,000
The Leonard Injury Firm recently settled a trip and fall case for a client who tripped and fell on the stairs of a national retailer.
Leonard Injury Firm Settles Federal Tort Claim for $125,000
The Firm recently settled a Federal Tort Claims Act case for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident for $125,000.
Anthony Leonard Joins The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Anthony Leonard has been selected for inclusion into The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100.