We are pleased to announce that Anthony J. Leonard has been Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. This is a designation granted by the New Jersey Supreme Court to attorneys who are able to demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill in civil trial practice.
Certification is granted to less than 5% of the attorneys admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey. Attorneys seeking certification must complete the following:
- Pass a rigorous written exam demonstrating their knowledge of trial law
- Have been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with his or her work
- Verify that they have completed the mandatory number of trials
- Be in good standing with the New Jersey Bar
- Successfully complete various ongoing continuing legal education requirements
The certification program helps the public find attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law. More information about attorney board certification can be found here.